Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Day began like this ...

Today morning I got ready very early. As early as I cud walk very leisurely to the bus stop taking ten minutes. Thanks to my mom in law who was doing all my work!!! :) Since I even had time to write a C program for finding GCD of two numbers sitting at bus-stop, I was seeing the kids going to school, women hurrying to office and men waiting for the buses, guys stareing girls ...etc. A bus just slowed down at a cross road very next to my bus stop and a decent looking man got down. He walked down the cross road just in front of me and in a low voice he greeted me 'Hi Darling'!!! Think poor guy cud not see a mangalsootra in my neck. But I had all the time in the world to take revenge against him ... and started yelling at him at the top of my voice possible. "Heyyyyy ... what do u think of yourself? What did u tell just now..." I cud think of at least 5-6 dialogues (more stronger ones) to yell at him. But did not get a chance to tell at all. Think he tot the whole women lot of Vijayanagar Bus stop wud come to my rescue for the volume I shouted at. He started literally running from that place. I cud sense the shiver he wud have had in his legs, bcos even I was bit tensed wondering what if he wud have come back to talk to me?!!!
But luckily he did not come back and my day was made as I had reacted a little different than wht I wud do usually. Most of the times in my previous experience the words I hear wud go into my mind after some 60 seconds, by which owner of the comment wud have sinked in some road or between ppl and I wud be left with bitter feelings! God helps me to begin few days with lotz a strength and presence of mind... :) Hope it continues with all the girls who are in similar situation like me...

-Suma Udupa.K.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the spirits lady!!! I will teach you few special kannada padagalu.. no body will dare come near you ;-)

cheers
N

Jagali bhaagavata said...

Nice job. Well done:-))

...he greeted me 'Hi Darling'!!! Think poor guy cud not see a mangalsootra in my neck....

ಮಂಗಳಸೂತ್ರ ಇಲ್ದಿದ್ರೆ ಅದು OK ಅಂತಾನಾ???

Suma Udupa said...

@N : Sure eager to learn at earliest!!

@ Jagali Bhagavata: Haagalla ... Usually teenage hudugeeru heege helskollta iddru. But these days ppl dont mind any one between 6 to 60... :(

Jagali bhaagavata said...

Ok:-) I was just pulling your legs..Never mind

Susheel Sandeep said...

ಒಂದೇ ಸಲ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಎಲ್ಲ ಪೋಸ್ಟುಗಳನ್ನ ಓದಿದೆ...ಓದಿಸಿಕೊಂದು ಹೋಯ್ತು..ಚೆನ್ನಾಗ್ ಬರೀತೀರ ಹೀಗೆ ಮುಂದುವರೆಸಿ...!

ನಂದಕಿಶೋರ said...

ಎಲ್ಲ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್‌ಗಳೂ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿವೆ. God helps me to begin few days with lotz a strength and presence of mind... ಇಷ್ಟ ಆಯಿತು ಈ ಮಾತು.

But, why the blog is silent?

Suma Udupa said...

@ Jagali Bhagavatha - No probs! :)

@Susamsrita
@Yaatrika

- Thanks ella blog oodi mechhida nim patience ge ... :)

Yeah, for some reason I have become a visitor of my blog only ... Will make time to write more.

Shree said...

ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿ ಬರೀತೀರಿ, keep it up.

ಸುಧೇಶ್ ಶೆಟ್ಟಿ said...

ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿ ಬರಿತೀರಾ…ಹೀಗೆ ಬರೆಯುತ್ತಿರಿ.